Charging your EV isn’t as simple as filling up your car with gasoline, and you can’t simply plug it into any old outlet in your home or at work to juice it up. You need a special EV charging station, and depending on where you live, it may be difficult to find one nearby without good charging apps. With that in mind, here are 5 of the best EV charging apps in the UK right now.
5 of the Best EV Charging Apps in the UK
1) Zap Map
Zap Map is one of the most popular EV charging apps in the UK. It offers a wide range of features, including a charge point locator, live charge point status updates, and estimated journey times. Zap Map is available for both iOS and Android devices. You can find it on the App Store or Google Play store by searching Zap Map. Once downloaded, you will need to register to create an account. Then you will be able to access all the features that this app has to offer. If you want real-time information about how much electricity each charger takes and its availability, then this app is perfect for you! The website also includes handy icons to show which chargers are currently open, being used, out of order, etc. It also tells you what type of payment is accepted at each location – cash only or card payments. Some users have complained that their phone battery drains quickly when using this app, but these reviews seem to have been fixed with recent updates.
A good alternative to Zap Map is Fuel My Car. While there’s no map feature like with Zap Map, Fuel My Car does list the nearest electric car charging points based on your current location.
If you’re looking for an app to help you find the best electric vehicle charging stations in the UK, ElectricityView is a great option. The app uses your location to find nearby stations and then displays relevant information such as price, distance, and amenities. You can also filter your search by things like price or amenities, which is handy if you’re looking for a specific type of station. It’s a straightforward, easy-to-use app that will have you on your way to finding a station before you know it! To top it off, ElectricityView has support for all major brands including Tesla, BMW, Nissan Leaf and Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. You don’t need any special software – just download the app, choose your car and start searching.
- PlugSurfing is one of the most popular EV charging apps in the UK.
- The app allows you to find and pay for charging stations without having to carry around a bunch of cards or cash.
- You can also use the app to track your driving and charging habits, which can help you save money on your electric bill.
- The app is available for both iPhone and Android devices. 5. It’s free to download, but the app includes some ads.
- Most of these ads are targeted towards other PlugSurfers – not people looking for chargers themselves.
- One thing we didn’t like about this app was that it doesn’t allow users to search by postcode – they have to search by town instead (you might need to know the name of your town).
- Another downside is that PlugSurfing only provides information on public charge points, so if you’re traveling outside of the UK, it won’t work as well.
- On the other hand, when we did try to charge our car with another company’s charger in an unfamiliar location, we were able to get directions through the app right away thanks to its mapping function.
- PlugShare is an app that helps you find electric vehicle (EV) charging stations.
- It has a map feature that shows you where stations are located, as well as user-generated reviews and photos.
- PlugShare also allows you to add new stations and review existing ones.
- The app is available for both iOS and Android devices. 5. You can download it from either the App Store or Google Play Store by searching PlugShare or by clicking here. *Once downloaded, you can use PlugShare to find electric car charging stations near your current location.
*Plugshare will show you the availability of individual chargers at each station as well as their average charge time.
*The app will even give you directions so you know how to get there!
The WeCharge app is one of the most popular EV charging apps in the UK. It allows you to find and pay for charging stations, view your charging history, and get real-time notifications when your car is done charging. Plus, it has a handy map feature so you can easily find nearby stations. All you have to do is download the app, enter your card details and select your vehicle. For example, if you’re looking for an electric car charger near Belfast International Airport, type Belfast International Airport into the search bar on the homepage. If there are any available spots at charging stations near that airport on the map, they will appear as blue dots. Click on the station and see what other information pops up – such as cost, battery level, how many spots are open, how long it takes to charge your battery from empty (plus more). You’ll be able to either book or cancel reservations depending on whether or not you want to charge right now.
If you’re looking for a mobile app development service in the UK that can help you create an EV charging app, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, consider what features and functionality you need. Then, find a developer who has experience building similar apps. Finally, get a cost estimate and make sure the price is within your budget. You’ll also want to know about any additional fees, such as monthly hosting fees or ongoing support costs.