Bangalore has always been a well-liked destination for job seekers, and young professionals, and not only these things but it also offers a cool and delightful place for tourists too. But not many know that this beautiful and exquisite city is on the tracking system of trekking enthusiasts for its marvelous trekking trails.
You should invest some of your time traveling to the hiking trail because that’s part of all the fun. We’ve ranked the top 5 trekking places near Bangalore, and have even separated them by difficulty level so that it’s easy for you to judge them according to their difficulty. With trails from easy to difficult, you can opt for the one that suits your fitness level along with approachability from your location.
Are you also planning a small and sweet weekend dedicated to trekking near Bangalore? Pack that bag with liters of water, and some healthy and energy-giving snacks for your appetite, put on your hiking shoes, and hit the road because this time the journey will be your destination.
List of best trekking places in Bangalore
Here’s our list of the best trekking places near Bangalore that will come in handy when you begin your research. Let’s start the journey to the fewer known yet incredibly captivating and interesting trekking destinations near Bangalore that’ll give your weekend a new purpose.
Now it’s high time to break free from the nerve-wracking chaos of the city, pack your bag, and say goodbye to the holy mess for a while.
Ramanagara – Trekking In The Exquisite ‘Silk Town’
Ramanagara—the shooting place for the legendary and very popular Hindi movie ‘Sholay’, is one of the best trekking places near Bangalore. Well-known for the silk market and a scenic trek, Ramanagara is popular amongst both beginner trekkers and professionals. It is also acknowledged for rock climbing, bird watching, and the ancient Pattabhi Rama Temple, some of the few things that make it a perfect spot for weekend treks near Bangalore.
- Distance Between Ramanagara And Bangalore: 50 km
- Difficulty level: Moderate to difficult
- Highlights: Fishing and Pitch climbing in Kanva and Janapada Loka reservoir
- Things to do: Camping, trekking, bird viewing and shopping for souvenirs.
Nandi Hills – Trekking In Tipu Sultan’s Summer Retreat
Located at an altitude of 1,478 m, Nandi hills is one of the most popular and beloved places for trekking near Bangalore. One has to climb up 1,200 steps to reach the summer palace of Tipu Sultan located on the top. It is a mesmerizing location and offers breathtaking views of the surrounding hills and Amrita Sarovar. One can also practice rock climbing and rappel from Tipu’s Drop – a well-known rock outcrop of Nandi Hills.
- Distance of Nandi hills from Bangalore: 60 km
- Difficulty level: Easy to moderate
- Highlights: Most photographic sunrise from Tipu’s drop (a rocky outcrop)
- Things to do: Paragliding, cycling and of course shopping,
Skandagiri – Every Trekking Pro’s First Choice
In Skandagiri, the trekking route starts from Papagani Temple which can be easily filtered through Bangalore, Nandi Hills, or Chikballapur town. One can find two caves in the whole stretch. This is slightly a tough trek and mostly taken by experts. Also known as Kalavara Durga, this is one of the most beautiful and eye-catching trekking places in Bangalore, especially for night trekking around Bangalore. Explorers planning to have road trips from Bangalore will love this little piece of beauty and delight.
- Distance: 61 km
- Difficulty level: Moderate
- Highlights: Camping and bird watching
- Things to do: Fishing, bumper jet skiing, boat ride.
Anthargange – The Hidden Gem And A Little Place In Karnataka
Volcanic rocks, caves, boulders, and small hillocks have made Anthargange one of the most visited trekking places around Bangalore. This trail is a mix of trekking and cave exploration. This is up to a 3-km long journey that takes you through an adventure of tough, tricky trails and some of the most gorgeous vistas. Considered to be one of the best places for individual trekking near Bangalore, the trek is of easy level and absolutely beautiful to catch, which makes it one of the best treks near Bangalore.
- Distance: 70 km
- Difficulty Level: Easy to moderate
- Highlights: Overnight camping in the caves
- Things to do: Caving, trekking and one should always visit the Someshwara temple
Savandurga Hill – One Of The Gigantic Monoliths In Asia
One of the most photographic trekking places around Bangalore, Savandurga is excellent for nature enthusiasts and adventure lovers. There are mainly two popular trails in Savandurga: Karigudda and Billigudda.
- Distance From Bangalore: 70 km
- Difficulty level: Easy to moderate
- Highlights: One of the best places to trek near Bangalore during the night
- Things to do: Night trek, Temple visits like Manchanabele Dam Temple and Bhoga Nandeeshwara Temple.