Apple Watch Aluminum or Stainless Steel: Which is Better?
There is the Apple Watch made of aluminum or stainless steel. The materials differ from each other in some aspects, but which one is better? So that you can decide on the right variant, we will show you what makes the two models different.
When buying a new smartwatch, you have many different options. For Apple fans, the Apple Watch made of aluminum or stainless steel is one of the absolute favorites myenvoyair. However, the choice between the two variants is not always easy.
Key features of the aluminum and stainless steel Apple Watch
Would you like to buy an Apple Watch but are unsure whether it is made of aluminum or stainless steel? Then the smartwatch must suit your needs. The following features characterize the two models:
- The display size of both watches is identical, although the display can vary in size depending on the series.
- The aluminum housing is noticeably cheaper than stainless steel housing. At the same time, the aluminum version weighs around 10 grams less because of the material.
- Storage capacity is identical to the aluminum and stainless steel Apple Watch.
- Both models are equipped with a long-life battery, GPS, and cellular.
What advantages does the aluminum Apple Watch offer you?
The cheaper option is, without a doubt, the aluminum case. However, many buyers choose this model not only because of the lower costs. The aluminum housing offers you the following advantages:
- Aluminum is very light, so you hardly feel the watch on your wrist. it makes them the ideal companion for your sporting projects.
- The aluminum housing has been in use for a long time, which is why you will also find less extensive models. For example, if you only value WiFi and GPS, you can expect lower costs with excellent quality.
- The aluminum version is usually the best choice if you want to buy an aluminum or stainless steel Apple Watch for the first time. This way, you don’t invest too much in your new gadget and can opt for a higher-quality model later.
Good to know
The main disadvantage of these models is that Apple uses Ion-X glass for the display. It’s not quite as strong as the glass used in the stainless steel case, and this can result in scratches or a slightly slower response time. Let’s take a closer look at the topic in the Apple Watch comparison.
What advantages does the Apple Watch make of stainless steel offer you?
Do you value style and quality? Then the question of whether you should buy an Apple Watch made of aluminum or stainless steel can be easily answered: stainless steel offers you a more modern and stylish look. At the same time, this smartwatch is characterized by some special features:
- The Apple Watch’s stainless steel case is slightly heavier and more modern.
- In addition to the stainless steel, Apple has installed a stylish sapphire crystal, which contributes to the special look.
- You can be sure you are using GPS and Cellular on your Apple Watch.
This is important:
If you decide on such a model, you should protect the smartwatch well, and this is because the stainless steel case is prone to scratches. On the other hand, the sapphire crystal is more robust than the Ion-X crystal, so you can count on your Apple Watch being used for a long time.
Although the Apple Watch is made of stainless steel and is particularly high quality, it still offers you almost the same functionality as a model with an aluminum case. The most important difference is that the aluminum model does not need a cellular. Nevertheless, the two models are similar in terms of battery life, GPS accuracy, and the basic functions they contain.
Good to know
Since the two watches made of aluminum and stainless steel are equivalent in terms of functions, you should attach importance to the appearance of the smartwatch when making your decision. This includes the weight because the stainless steel housing is noticeably heavier. The durability of the glass can also be important if you travel a lot or generally have an active lifestyle. After all, you want your new aluminum or stainless steel Apple Watch to become a loyal companion and look like new for a long time.
Does every Apple Watch come in both materials?
Depending on the Apple Watch generation, you can choose between an Apple Watch made of aluminum or stainless steel. Therefore, the question of which model is the best only arises in certain cases. For example, you no longer get the Series 3 with a stainless steel case. However, this model is also getting on in years, so we would recommend the latest model or the Apple Watch SE anyway.
Are you still unsure which smartwatch is right for you? In our detailed Apple Watch comparison, you will find out which model you should buy in 2022.
The Apple Watch is undoubtedly one of the most popular smartwatches. Consider the price and features to decide whether to buy an aluminum or stainless steel Apple Watch Pubfilm. The variant made of aluminum is generally cheaper. On the other hand, the stainless steel model is more robust and offers you better glass. However, depending on your preferences, which of the two is right for you. Do you have further questions? Then leave us a comment.