QuickBooks software suffers from unique errors, which become quite troublesome for users. While some of the issues relate to problems with the company files, others are incited by connection-related issues. The error message QuickBooks connection has been lost signifies that QuickBooks software has faced certain network-related disruptions while connecting with a server or data file. If you are another victim of this error, then there is no need to feel worried as this article will annihilate this network error from your computer.
Major causes of this QuickBooks connection error
Below are explained the causes that can provoke the error in QuickBooks:
- This error can appear when users store their company files on portable drives. Consequently, the connection to the storage device is broken.
- The company file got corrupted, in turn leading to this error.
- Another plausible cause is when many systems on a network are set up to host the QuickBooks company file.
- Issues related to the settings of the power management may also lead to this QuickBooks error.
- Multiple instances of the QuickBooks installation can also lead to this error.
Primary Signs of this QuickBooks error
Various signs and symptoms are noticeable that clearly indicate the QuickBooks connection lost error. These include the following:
- The error message directly pops up on the screen and prevents any further operations on QuickBooks.
- The system becomes extremely slow and sluggish while using the QuickBooks software.
- The frequent shutdown of the QuickBooks software.
- Crashing of the system at repeated intervals while using QuickBooks.
What are the different ways of fixing QuickBooks connection has been lost error?
Follow up as per the below-given solutions to resolve this connection issue in QuickBooks.
Solution 1: Inspecting the network
- Check to see if you have the required access by opening or saving another company file on the server.
- Set up Windows access rights necessary for QuickBooks if you are unable to add or remove non-QuickBooks files from that location.
- After doing the foregoing check, open the web browser and navigate to any webpage to inspect the network connectivity.
Solution 2: Hosting QuickBooks Multi-user Access:
- Make sure your workstation is set to single-user mode, and your server is running in multi-user mode.
- Select Utilities from the File menu on any workstation other than the one hosting the website.
- Verify that Host Multi-User Access is checked.
- Clicking on it will disable it on workstations that indicate Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
Solution 3: Turning off Settings of Power Management
- Press the Windows key and type Power Options to access the power management settings on your computer where the company file is located in the Control Panel.
- Select Power Options.
- Also disable the host computer’s sleep, standby, and hibernation modes.
Solution 4: Quick Fix My Program Tool can be a great boon
- Save the QuickBooks Tool Hub after downloading it on the computer.
- Double-click the exe file in the download directory to start the installation.
- When prompted, agree to the terms and conditions. After that, proceed as per the instructions on the screen to conclude the installation.
- Double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub desktop icon to launch it, then select the Quick Fix My Program tool from the Program issues
- Allow the QuickBooks application to be fixed by the tool. Soon after, open QuickBooks to examine the status of the connection-related error message.
Why wander around when our Support is here?
Finally, we conclude this article with an expectation that the walkways described herein provided considerable assistance to users in tackling QuickBooks connection has been lost errors. For further assistance, feel free to contact our certified QuickBooks experts at 1 800 761 1787.