Whenever you try to open a QuickBooks file and the software isn’t able to reach the file, you might experience a warning message stating “QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close”. The error message appears with an of the numeric codes which are 10 digits long in a 5 digits space 5 digits sequence. This error indicates that the software has experienced the application fault. These error codes can be seen when you try to open the company file or when clicking on save, print, or ship icon, at the top of the transaction.
When such QuickBooks desktop unrecoverable issue occurs, you might see critical application fault message on the screen. Get a better grip on to such an error by going through this segment or connect with our tech team, if you don’t want to fix the issue on your own.
When does QuickBooks unrecoverable error occur?
You might come across the QuickBooks unrecoverable error in the following circumstances.
- When using the open previous company feature.
- Or when opening any window in QuickBooks.
- You might come across same issue at the time of performing a bank reconciliation or viewing previous reconciliation reports.
- Also, if there is a data damage on the company file.
- Such an error is also expected when changing target or running rebuild utility.
- At the time of printing, emailing, or saving as PDF out of QuickBooks desktop.
- Another situation can be if unrecoverable error is experienced when opening a QuickBooks desktop file on a workstation.
Solutions to perform to fix QuickBooks unrecoverable error
You can perform the steps for opening a sample company file, in order to successfully fix the issue. Let us explore the steps listed below:
- Just in case you are able to open the sample company file, then the company file might be damaged or the folder where the company file is saved might get damaged. In such a scenario, it is suggested to try to copy the file to some other location.
- You can also use a recent backup or ADR to restore the file, in that case you need to carry out basic data damage fixing steps, in case the backup or ADR isn’t enough to get back on track.
- It should be noted that if you are still facing similar issue, then move to the steps listed later on.
Steps for opening a sample file
- You can try opening the sample company file from the no company open window by opting for the open a sample file option.
- You now have to go for any sample file on the list.
Steps for copying the company file to a different location
Copying and opening the company file from a different location, helps in spotting if the folder having the company file is damaged or too deep, which simply means that it exceeds the file system path limitation. However, if you face the same issue even after moving the company file, then it indicates that either the company file or QuickBooks installation is damaged.
- Under that case, you simply have to open the company file from a different location, right-click anywhere on the desktop, and go for new and folder options respectively.
- Furthermore, name the folder QBTEST
- Right-click the file and also select the copy option.
- You then have to paste the company file into the QBTEST folder.
- Open the sample company file from the QBTEST folder and see if the issue is resolved.
Still, stuck at an unrecoverable error in QuickBooks Desktop? Well, in that case, all you need to do is to connect with our tech professionals using our dedicated helpline at 1-800-615-2347, and our QuickBooks error support professionals will be more than happy to perform the fixation steps on your behalf.