It takes technical know-how and planning to move appliances from one home to the next. These tips will help you get started.
Tips for moving appliances
If you need assistance in preparing appliances for a move, hire a residential moving company.
1. Take action and plan ahead
Measure the dimensions of your appliances to check if they can fit through the door. Sometimes, the door may have to be removed to make space. Once you have established the dimensions and planned the move, it is time to prepare the space for the job and set up the devices.
2. Make sure to vacuum the floor
It is important to clean the floor regularly. Dirt, stones, and other foreign objects can cause more damage to the floor than the appliances. Clean the area in which the appliances will pass by vacuuming it.
3. It is essential to protect your soil.
After ensuring that there are no foreign objects, you can cover the area where the appliances will be moved with a protective covering. You can also use cardboard to protect your floor. However, it is not the most effective method. You can get minor scratches on hardwood floors from the friction created by cardboard’s tendency to move.
Carpet scraps are a better option to protect your floor. Temporary flooring is a great option for the best protection. These methods can be used on a clean, level floor to minimize any damage.
4. Get the appliances ready
- Refrigerator Remove food from the refrigerator and place it in a cooler. The refrigerator should be unplugged. Clean the inside and outside of the refrigerator. Allow the door to dry for 24 hours. To prevent the door from opening, tape or wrap it. To close the gap, you may need to take off the handle. To prevent it from getting lost, place the handle in the fridge.
- Stove- Turn off the power, take out grills and other surface grates, then clean the exterior. Tape or secure the knobs.
- Dryer Turn the power off, clean the filter and wipe down the exterior. You can then tape the door or wrap it.
- Washing machine: Disconnect it from the supply and inlet/outlet lines. To remove moisture, leave the door open for 24 hours. Then secure the hoses to it. Then tape or wrap the door.
- Dishwasher- Turn the unit off and disconnect the outlet/inlet hoses. To remove moisture, leave the door open for 24 hours. Then secure the hoses to the unit. Secure the grids and tape the door.
5. You should not lift the devices yourself
It is difficult to move appliances. To make your move easier, ask your friends and family for help. More hands make it easier to move the load. Also, invest in quality gear such as wrist straps and hand trucks, gloves, gloves, proper footwear, and comfortable, but not too baggy, clothing.
6. Move your appliance
After you have prepared the space and appliances properly, you can move your appliances with confidence. With complete confidence that your floors, walls, and appliances are in good condition, you can move refrigerators and stoves, washers, and dryers.
Our Moving Service In Bewdley, Ontario can help you if you have any questions about how to move your appliances.
Also, don’t forget to check other related articles here.