When you try to update your QuickBooks payroll and payroll tax tables, usually at that time, error PS038 occurs. It is the standard error that several users face while processing paychecks in QuickBooks. This error is the bug in the QuickBooks application, which also got fixed with the launch of QuickBooks 2018. But still, several users are complaining that they are facing such an error; this might be why it comes back in the QuickBooks application.
In this article, we will analyze the reasons for the occurrence of the QuickBooks payroll update error PS038 and the fast solutions that can be implemented to resolve it.
What is the QuickBooks Payroll Error PS038?
This error appears when the user makes an effort to send paychecks online, and there would be a stuck-in sending the wages online. And the payroll is unable to get processed due to being stuck in the system, and at times resolving handout errors must be done. This error got fixed through basic troubleshooting, and the business owner is suggested to pay close attention to the troubleshooting procedure to avoid data loss. Before doing troubleshooting, you can back up your data to safeguard it against damage or corruption.
Important points to be noted at the time of resolving QuickBooks error PS038
- Firstly update the QuickBooks version. If you are availing of the old version, then edit it to 2019.
- Make sure to backup your company file or payroll data before troubleshooting
- Your QuickBooks application on the desktop must be updated and rely upon the latest version of the payroll tax table.
Steps to rectify QuickBooks PS038 Update Error:
We can fix this error PS038 by doing various troubleshooting steps, which we are mentioning below:
After updating QuickBooks try Sending Payroll:
- Firstly click on the My Payroll Services under the Employees tab and select Send Usage Data.
- If you can send data successfully, then update the payroll again.
Check and Find Paycheck Stuck as “Online to Send”:
- Below the Edit tab, choose to Find and select Advanced. QuickBooks Find Option
- Look for the Filter list below the Choose Filter tab and select Detail Level.
- Now Select Summary Only.
- Look for the Filter list below the Choose Filter tab and tap on the Online Status.
- Through the drop-down list on the right-hand side, select Online to send.
- Click the Find button to check all the unsent paychecks.
Run Verify and Rebuild Data tool:
- Confirm to take a backup before running the Rebuild Data tool.
- Done with the first step now, click the Rebuild Now button.
- Done with the rebuild process, you can see the status of stuck paychecks.
- If rebuild cannot fix all the stuck paychecks and you can’t update payroll due to errors PS038, then go for another solution.
Verify the Information on Paychecks Stuck in QuickBooks:
- Follow the steps from the “Check and Find Paycheck Stuck as Online to Send” section if you want to get the list of all the paychecks that are stuck in QuickBooks.
- You are Completed with the first way; now open the first paycheck from the list and tap the Paycheck Detail option.
- Once you get the Review Paycheck window, move to the Earnings tab.
- Completed and wants to move to the next step, then look for the last item in the list and add it as a new item again.
- It will prompt QuickBooks to display a Net Pay Locked window where you are suggested to click No to close it.
- You will have to select the Rate Field for the item you have just added in the fourth step.
- Confirm that there are no modifications in the Net Pay and taxes and click OK.
- Tap on the Yes if the Past Transactions message pops up.
- Hit the Save & Close option and tap yes when the Recording Transactions message appears.
- Now Re-open the paycheck and click the Paycheck Details button.
- Delete the item that was added in the fourth step.
- Before closing again, confirm that there are no changes in the taxes and Net Pay and click OK.
- Finally, click Save & Close to save the changes.
- Follow the exact instructions for each paycheck and check if the error is now resolved.
I expect the above steps will be helpful for you if you are facing this error. If yes, then it’s best but if you still get stuck, then contact us simultaneously. Our team members will help you with this at the same time. Our team of technicians can manage every problem faced by the users when solving the errors.
Contact our support team at 1800-615-2347, which is available throughout the day to meet your expectations by solving your issues.