QuickBooks provides a complete package to companies all over the globe for all the accounting processes. The payroll service has tremendously helped small and medium-sized companies,but it may produce different errors at times, such as QuickBooks Error PS038.
This error is usually encountered while downloading the latest payroll updates,but it may also pop up in some other situations, such as sending paychecks online.
A comprehensive analysis of this payroll error, along with detailed and effective resolutions,can be read in this blog.
To get the help of a competent professional for rectifying the QuickBooks Error PS038, simply dial 1.855.738.2784 to contact our QB Experts Team.
Possible Reasons for the Occurrence of the Error Code PS038 in QB Desktop
Some of the prominent reasons behind the Error Code PS038 in QB Desktop are as follows:
- An out-of-date version of the QuickBooks Desktop can cause this error while downloading the latest payroll updates on the computer.
- This error can also get triggered if the paychecks get stuck while sending online or if you have not downloaded payroll updates for a long time.
Read also: QuickBooks Error 6144 and 301
What Are the Best Resolutions for the QuickBooks Payroll Error Message PS038?
The QuickBooks Payroll Error Message PS038 can be quickly eliminated by implementing the resolutions mentioned below:
Resolution 1: Abolish this payroll error by updating your QB Desktop to the latest available version and sending payroll or usage data
- To update the QB Desktop, you need to run it with admin rights, and therefore, you must right-click on its icon to promptly choose the ‘Run as administrator’ option.
- Almost immediately, a new window will pop up on the screen titled ‘No Company Open’, and in this window, you should head towards the ‘Help’ menu to tap on the ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ option.
- In this essential step, you have to rapidly strike on the ‘Mark All’ option located under the ‘Options’ tab and then proceed to the ‘Update Now’ tab.
- At this point, your task is to delete all the previous updates by hitting the ‘Reset Update’ checkbox ,and thereafter, immediately click on the ‘Get Updates’ button to download the latest updates.
- Once you have downloaded and fullyinstalled the QB Desktop updates, you can move forward to hit the ‘Employees’ tab and then strike the ‘My Payroll Service’ option.
- In this last step, you have to click on the ‘Send Usage Data’ option and then type your payroll service pin to send the usage data, and thereafter, download the payroll updates.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error PS107
Resolution 2: Effortlessly eliminate this error by identifying the stuck paychecks and then executing the Verify and Rebuild Data tool
- To identify those paychecks that are stuck, you must open the QB Desktop and then hit the ‘Edit’ tab to click on the ‘Find’ option.
- Thereafter, you need to proceed to the ‘Advanced’ tab and then strike on the ‘Detail Level’ button located under the ‘Choose Filter’ section.
- At this point, you must hit the ‘Summary Only’ option and then navigate back to the ‘Filter list’ in the ‘Choose Filter’ section.
- Now, you must set ‘Online to Send’ as the ‘Online Status’ and then immediately hit the ‘Find’ button to view all those paychecks that are stuck.
- Finally, you must execute the Verify and Rebuild Data tool to resolve all the stuck paychecks and then download the latest payroll updates.
These resolutions will prove to be very helpful for resolving the QuickBooks Error PS038 if you use them in the correct sequence. For more guidance and support, feel free to dial 1.855.738.2784 to contact our QB Experts Team.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Desktop Keeps Crashing